Progress

This post is going to be short and to the point as it is 80 degrees outside and we need to get some bikes running!  Lots of time put into the CL450 over the last week. First we finished the baffles, wrapped them in packing, and installed them into the pipes.  We will be wrapping the pipes in the next few days so stay tuned to see them blacked out and on the bike!
 

The solenoid is now going be hidden under the tank so we fabricated a bracket to hold that as well as finished up the headlight mounting point.
 

We finished up all the welding on the frame so we rolled it out into the alley and gave it a nice rough paint job.
 

We also finalized the seat pan and dropped in some new wheel bearings.
 

We also took a trip out to the motorcycle scrap yard to find a kickstand, some really cool retro levers off of a not so healthy looking donor bike, as well as a fork upper that will hopefully work as a replacement for “vented” leg that is on the current fork.
 

previous post: «

next post: »



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>